Friday, January 21, 2011

Patagonia as Fashion, Part III

photo from Giltman.com
In the past I've documented some instances of Patagonia becoming a model for fashion items and I came across another example today.  On the fashion sales site Gilt.com, I saw an item from a company called Highland that has produced another variation of the Patagonia Synchilla Snap-T Pullover.  It's a decent-looking piece until you take a gander at the price.  Mind you, it's polyester fleece--no more luxurious than the Patagonia pullover.  On sale, it's $169, down from a full retail price of...are you ready for this...$405.  Holy knock-offs Batman!

So if the original is better-looking (personal taste, I guess), environmentally responsible (no doubt), and less expensive (we're in a recession, people!), remind me why anyone would pay $405 again?
photo from Giltman.com

Labels: ,

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home